Liz was kind enough to blog about the Speed Networking event we are holding tomorrow night:
This is a quick post as I’m 20 minutes away from my first client catch up of the evening and need to kiss our tiddlers good night before then as well!
Tomorrow night will be the first Design Essentials Speed Networking evening. We’ve been asked quite a few questions, so here’s the Q & A for everyone.
- Everyone will pair up with someone they don’t know, or want to get to know better.
- I then blow the whistle and you tell them all about yourself for one minute.
- I blow the whistle again and you stop talking, whilst the other person talks.
- I blow the whistle again and shout “find someone new” (or something witty if I can think of it) and you find a different person to talk to.
- It sounds terrifying I know, but it is so much fun and you find out all sorts of things that you wouldn’t do normally in a networking situation. By the end of it, people are laughing at themselves and each other, so please come with an open mind and be prepared for laughter. And the point of it is, that there’s very little time for change over, so make sure you’ve got a drink in hand to be able to keep going. We don’t take ourselves seriously and it’s not a “pitch” in any sense of the word. It’s making relationships and laughing at ourselves whilst getting to know other people.